Senior Geospatial Analyst
The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Senior Level Geospatial Analyst to support our National Security customer in Springfield, VA.
The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing analysis, research, and information management support.
The successful candidate will:
• Utilize GIS tools to assess, integrate, manipulate, exploit, extract, and analyze digital imagery, geospatial databases, and various sources.
• Use remote sensing, spatial analysis, and GIS tools along with skills to construct geospatial intelligence databases, including data conflation, data conversion, digitizing, feature attribution, editing of GIS layers.
• Perform quality reviews to ensure geospatial and content accuracy.
• Generate required reports.
• Capture transportation and topographic layers from imagery and other sources.
• Perform finishing activities and quality control utilizing GIS tools.
• High School Diploma. A bachelor’s degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to four years of this experience. A master’s degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to two additional years of this experience.
• At least 10 years’ geospatial analysis experience in the Intelligence Community at the national level. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field may count for up to four years of experience and a master degree in a relevant field may count for up to two additional years of experience.
• Experience in soft copy exploitation functionalities.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in most of the following systems: ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, TerraExplorer/Builder, RemoteView, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VBA (or some other object oriented programming/scripting language), Oracle and other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data.
• Demonstrated proficiency with digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry.
• Familiarity with various data formats (e.g. DTED, VPF, CIB, ADRG; national imagery; geospatial products, and data attribution techniques.
• Experience in 2D data extraction.
• Ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
• Work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to analysts to build effective customer relationships.
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated ability to harness all geospatial tools and techniques with available data to provide relevant and insightful intelligence
• Demonstrated knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes and sensors
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.