- developing mature capture efforts that successfully progress through the capture lifecycle’s Milestone Gate Review process
- developing mature capture plans that provide measurable benefits to the subsequent proposal process
- performing capture efforts that result in increased revenue that contributes to the Operation’s bottom-line.
- Lead capture efforts to secure new or recompete contracts.
- Develop capture strategy, competitive assessments, teaming, and price-to-win efforts.
- Develop solutions-based capture plans that will result in winning new business that can be executed at a reasonable profit.
- Lead and participate in business development planning and review activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, developing and managing capture budgets, planning resources and schedules for capture and proposal plans, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews
- Lead and integrate assigned cross-functional team and authority to direct team activities for the duration of the pursuit.
- Conduct after action reviews for business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop win strategy for specific opportunities
- Meet with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Serve as the lead for call plan development and execution and provide detailed reports for follow-up activities
- Create and deliver executive presentations intended for gate/capture approvals.
- Maintain ongoing interaction with business development and program area.
- Perform market research to include customer preferences, competitive analysis and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Write RFI responses and white papers
- Proposal writing and leadership of management and technical volumes to include project management plans, basis of effort development, technical volumes, past performance and staffing plans
- Interacts routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking
- Collaborate with business development personnel, technical staff, and management to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process and when material changes occur
- Embrace accountability for shaping and winning new business through a balanced focus on customer value, the competitive environment, and the corporation's best interests.
• Proven track record of successful capture and proposal development on opportunities with a value of over $100M for single-award contracts and over $500M for multiple award IDIQ contracts during the last three years
• Detailed knowledge of the Federal contracting process and demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field and 8+ years of related experience
• Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
• Characteristics necessary for success include:
o business and technical vision
o disciplined strategic thinking
o analytical presentation and problem solving skills
o the ability to gain internal support
o the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
• Secret or TS/SCI security clearance a plus
• Experience with IT development and technical services programs involving systems engineering / systems integration, web development, managed services, technology insertion, and cyber security
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.