Leidos is seeking a Sr Geospatial Analyst to support a client’s operational requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The positions require an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance with a polygraph examination. There is no exception to the clearance requirement.
Successful candidates will work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidates will be expected to effectively interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The position requires exceptional writing skills, as well as experience producing high-quality finished intelligence in support of senior decision-makers. Successful candidates will have a geospatial background as well as a working knowledge of the various intelligence disciplines and the Intel Community.
In addition to the clearance requirement, successful candidates will demonstrate proficiency in manipulating various classified and open source databases to produce various levels of intelligence support to the client.
The primary function of the Geospatial Analyst is to collaborate with a team of intelligence professionals in support of operations against priority targets in support of intelligence. The candidate shall perform analysis and geospatial processing using commercial and NTM source data to provide geospatial data preparation in support of geotechnical characterizations and test bed analysis. Daily activities include:
- Using various source data for research to perform geographic rectifications
- Collaborating with team members on analysis topics and research
Bachelor’s degree or 8 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
TS/SCI with Polygraph and 10+ years of experience in geospatial analysis in relation to intelligence research and targeting work is required. Candidates must also meet the following skill requirements:
- Experience working with multiple types of intelligence collection capabilities and dissemination systems
- Experience with cable writing styles and classified client databases, including specific targeting tools.
- Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision.
- Relevant experience in the following: Geospatial Analysis, Intelligence Community, geospatial data formats (vector and raster data), intelligence fusion analysis, creating geospatial intelligence products, familiarity with various network domains, GIS software (ESRI ArcGIS Suite, ERDAS), and customer data products and standards.
- Demonstrated experience writing high-quality reports and briefing for a senior audiences
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of data and using it to generate various levels of reporting to decision-makers
- Skills: The successful candidate will have
- Experience in the IC
- Ability to brief senior staff officers and partners
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to government analysts to build effective customer relationships
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with representatives throughout the IC in person, by telephone and through written correspondence.
- A working-level ability with all components of Microsoft Office
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.