BD Capture Support Manager
The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operation of Leidos Defense and Intelligence
Group is seeking a Capture Support Manager. This position will be located at
a Leidos facility in Reston, VA. Over time, teleworking may be an option.
This Operation has a primary market focus as a solutions provider in
Enterprise IT & Cyber in the U.S Defense market. This capture support manager must thrive in an environment where she/he is responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The capture support manager works directly with capture managers to refine our win strategy through technical solutions development, effective teaming, staffing and pricing strategies. This individual works with a capture team to advance opportunities through the pipeline and develop winning proposals. Tasks associated with this role may include teaming analysis and scope definition, competitive intelligence & assessments, development of marketing materials, capture planning, writing of white papers and request for information responses, win theme workshops and proposal development.
The ideal candidate will have worked in the federal contracting industry in a
business development support role. Characteristics necessary for success
include: the ability to gain internal support and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and
peers. The position requires proficiency in Federal contracting and demonstrated knowledge of Federal request for proposal language. The
position requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Perform market research to include customer preferences, competitive
analysis and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
• Coordinate and participate in meetings with customers, competitors,
clients, and teammates to develop win strategy for specific opportunities.
• Develop materials to support opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions,
win theme and discriminator workshops, proposal kickoff materials and
• Write RFI responses and white papers.
• Proposal writing and leadership of management and technical volumes to
include project management plans, basis of effort development, technical
volumes, past performance and staffing plans.
• Interacts routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group
management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on
• Knowledge of the Federal contracting process and demonstrated working
knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field and 4+ years of related
• Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month
in the greater DC area to support proposal development efforts, which may
require overnight stays.
• Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas,
information, and reports
• Secret or TS/SCI security clearance a plus.
• Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited
supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with
technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
• Participation on a capture team with three or more significant ($25M+ each)
captures resulting in wins of competitor business take-away non-IDIQ
• Capable of growing into a capture manager role for larger opportunities.
• Experience with IT development and technical services programs involving
systems engineering / systems integration, web development, managed services, technology insertion, and cyber security.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.