Information Systems Security Officer
The qualified candidate will serve as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) within an established Information Assurance (IA) team. Under the direction of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) the ISSO specific responsibilities will include:
• Establish and implement security procedures and practices in support of Customer goals and current DoD/IC/SAPCO regulations.
• Develop and update assessment and authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems.
• Using knowledge of the Information System (IS) and understanding of established Information Assurance requirements validate security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP), customer policies & regulations, and ensure local policies are followed.
• Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Perform security audits IAW established procedures. Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data. Make decisions and implement corrective action as required to resolve audit discrepancies.
• Author and review IS security-related documentation.
• As a IA Subject Matter Expert (SME) provide critical thinking to ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Establish system specific recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly protected and restored.
• Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
• Provide security engineering review of proposed changes or additions to the IS (including hardware, software, or connectivity), and advise the ISSM of the security relevance.
• An active Secret clearance is required for consideration as well as the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with polygraph.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Systems, or related discipline and 4 – 8 years of direct experience; or Masters degree and 2 – 6 years of experience. Additional relevant/specialized training and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Possess a current DoD 8570.01 compliant certification for IAM Level I, e.g. Security + w/CE, or the ability to obtain either within 6 months of employment.
• The qualified candidate shall have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks along with extensive knowledge and experience in specialized area of expertise to include Department of Defense (DOD), Special Access Programs (SAP) clients, program customers, and program sponsors Security staff.
• Comprehensive knowledge of JSIG (Joint SAP Implementation Guide) RMF (Risk Management Framework), ICD 503, NISPOM Chapter 8, and NIST 800-53 security controls.
• Experience conducting security audits of information systems.
• Extensive training or experience with Windows based Information Systems standards with a working knowledge of LINUX & Solaris operating systems.
• Current Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification
• Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.