LEIDOS is currently soliciting experienced and highly qualified linguists in various languages to support a DOD customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). We are looking for Junior, Mid, and Senior level Linguists, QC, and Team leads.
DESIRED PRIMARY LANGUAGES: Chinese , Danish, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish, Tajik, Thai, Azeri, Balochi, Creole, Dari, Hebrew, Hindi, Kurdish, Nuristani, Pashto, and Polish.
Linguists will work in a dynamic team environment performing various functions including but not limited to:
•Triage of electronic media and documents, screen, gist, and translate materials identified by triage or from customers, quality control, database use, and reporting.
•Each linguist will be assigned to specific team functions based on personnel capabilities, qualifications, and aptitude, the direction most conducive successful to operations, and in order to maximize efficiency and media throughput.
•Linguists may be promoted to new roles after a sufficient period of orientation and familiarization with project activities.
•Linguists may also be given the opportunity to participate in directed training to increase their mission related knowledge, cultural awareness, and linguistic skills.
•This exciting position also has the potential to allow linguists, on a temporary basis, to work on specialized projects and/or deploy on worldwide assignments.
- Willingness to work periodic shift work to meet mission demands.
- Sufficient technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge on job-required tools and processes (on-the-job and/or formal training will be provided).
- Military or DLI experience.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current or recent SCI-level clearance a plus.
- Polyglot, with more than one proficient language a plus.
- Achieve a minimum score of a 3 in respective foreign language(s) and 3+ in English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing.
- Demonstrated history of working on screening or translation projects and in maintaining the integrity and meaning of the translated material.
- Ability to quickly scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information.
- Ability to conduct and prepare accurate gists, translations, and/or transcriptions of general and technical materials.
- Ability to write and speak in a clear, concise, and professional manner in the specified foreign language and English.
- Team player who is able to communicate effectively with colleagues, addresses tasks quickly and efficiently, and collaborates on group projects.
- Be proficient in standard MS Office programs, and able to learn customer or job-specific software programs and standard operating procedures.
CLEARANCE: Must currently possess a minimum Top Secret in JPAS. Current or recent SCI-level access is a significant advantage and preferred. Must be able to pass a polygraph and Subject Interview.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.