Sr. Systems Engineer
The Defense & Intelligence Group has a current opening for a Senior Systems Engineer in Las Cruces, NM.
Join the Innovision Futures Support Program as a full-time Systems Engineer. This full time position provides support to a Research and Development Intelligence Community entity that will bring scientific radar algorithms to a web-based environment for analysts to use.
The candidate will work with a team of software engineers to that will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Additional analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. This position requires candidates to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. It is possible that daily functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications will be performed.
- At least 9 years of relevant work experience with Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree (may substitute 7 years of additional relevant work experience for Bachelor's and 3 years for a Master's Degree)
- TS/SCi clearance and willingness to obtain a Polygraph
- Experience with Web services development, deployment, and integration
- Demonstrate knowledge of: JAVA, C++, Python, GeoServer, PostGreSQL, PostGIS, and MongoDB
- Have experience with evaluation, customization and extension of COTS and GOTS products
- Have experience with data analysis and generation of custom content
- Have advanced information visualization.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.