Leidos is hiring a Program Manager to provide program leadership to the Department of Energy to support a complex set of seat management and enterprise IT services. The Program Manager will be tasked to serve as the Government’s primary POC and to provide overall leadership and guidance for all contractor personnel. This person is ultimately responsible for the quality and efficiency of the resolution of technical issues and the implementation of business processes. The Program Manager will direct, plan, organize, control and manage the project/program to ensure that all contractual obligations are fulfilled in an efficient and timely manner. This person will be accountable for a complex program involving multiple tasks, multiple performing organizations, and complex responsibilities.
• Provides technical direction and administrative management of all Contract activities, including BPA Call issuance, Call responses, and any work derived from Customer needs or changes in federal mandates impacting Call orders.
• Works collaboratively with DOE OCIO, Department Elements, and other DOE IT contractors and service providers.
• Develops overall Program plans, guidance and procedures necessary to effectively execute diverse technical, administrative and program functions
• Manages IT support requirements, determines the necessary skills and personnel resources, formulates policies and procedures necessary to achieve effective project planning and control, budget projections and quality assurance
• Meets with management, technical and operating personnel within client organizations to review requirements, present proposed action plans and to discuss and resolve technical, administrative and management problems and issues
• A Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years of experience with the program management of a large Enterprise IT Service Delivery program (>$50/Annual).
• Experience managing a large IDIQ/BPA/Task Order driven contract.
• Proven Program Management experience across FFP, FFP LOE, and T&M contracts. This includes experience managing contract deliverable items, budgets, performance management, and cost reporting.
• Proven experience and interaction with senior level customers (SES and above)
• Current DOE Q or L Clearance or equivalent (DOD Secret) with ability to obtain an Agency specific clearance within 6 months (if not DOE)
• Experience with the management, manpower utilization, and supervision of employees (including subcontractors) of various labor categories and skills in projects.
• Experience managing IT seat management or managed services contracts
• Experience managing IT contracts with significant cyber security requirements or certifications applicable to cyber security (i.e. CISSP, Ethical Hacker)
• PMP Certified (desired)
• ITIL Certification (desired)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.