Information Technology Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos has an immediate opening for an Information Technology (IT) Engineer to support the design, development, test, integration, production and support of Virtual Training Systems.
• Establish networking environment by design system configuration, directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
• Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
• Support the Software Development Network Infrastructure
• Support of Network Security Engineering efforts
• Participate in technical discussions and systems engineering efforts
• Participate in proof-of-concept design and development efforts as necessary
External Referral Eligible
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, or Cyber Security from an ABET accredited university
• 5-10 years of related experience in IT
• Knowledge of Networks, computer components, system protocols, and COTS technology
• Experience with Enterprise Linux
• Experience with Jira, Jama, Confluence and similar tools
• Ability to develop a collaborative work relationship with multiple parties
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats
• Familiar with system security certification and accreditation
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
• Knowledge of RMF, DIACAP, NISPOM and and/or DoD and AF certification and accreditation requirements and processes
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher
• Familiar with scripting, virtualization, and large data storage
• Development management tools, i.e. Rally, GitHUB, Jenkins, Selenium
• Cloud computing and AWS
• ICD-503, CIS Benchmark, Nessus
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.