Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Leidos's Federal Health Operation anticipates several openings for Licensed Clinical Social Workers at various locations for the Protection of the Force and Family (POTFF) Contract.
The contractor shall function within an operational unit, as a Behavioral Health Care Provider. The contractor shall attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours, professional staff conferences and other appropriate
professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: quality improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, and other meetings required by applicable regulations or as directed by the unit Commander of his/her designee. The contractor shall conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health/organizational social work.
The contractor is responsible for the application of social work procedures and techniques, including interviewing,behavioral assessment, and evidenced-based therapies, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological
and neuropsychological disorders using the following skills: individual, family and group psychotherapy, couples therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
The contractor consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts as required. The contractor shall maintain accurate and current notes in the paper medical records (if created) and
electronic medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment as required. The contractor shall participate in military specific training/activities (e.g., security clearances, use of the DoD or service specific clinical practice guidelines, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress) and others as directed by the unit Commander or his/her designee. This position may include clinical supervision of unlicensed providers or trainees. The contractor may be required to perform the following some, or all, of the following activities:
· Participates in and successfully completes required DoD or service required training.
· Contact referred patients to assess treatment adherence.
· Use validated symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity.
· Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers.
· Provide patients with education regarding their mental health condition and treatment regimen.
· Maintain patient information in a patient registry.
· Maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review
by the managing physician.
· Routinely staffs difficult cases with the referring provider, behavioral health consultant and/or psychiatry
· Performs case management functions.
In addition to required master’s level training and licensure, all LCSWs will have the following specialized training and education that prepare them for their duties. The contractor must possess the following qualifications:
· Must hold a Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) or equivalent (MSSW, MSSA) degree from a graduate school
of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
· Maintain a current, unrestricted clinical license to independently practice social work in any one of the 50
states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
· Have a minimum of two (2) years within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical social
work in a mental health setting. Experience working in a Government setting such a DOD or Department
of Veterans Affairs (VA) MTF is preferable.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of professional standards and ethics regarding the delivery of clinical
social work services. Must have experience in brief behavioral interventions. Contractor may be required to
receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level government security clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.