Multi-Source Support Specialist Mid (MSSS-Mid)
Leidos is looking for a Talented Senior Software Engineer for an complex RF and Signals Intelligence Program in the Columbia, MD area.
This Principal Software Developer who develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Twenty (20) years of software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Computer Network Operations: Completion of college course or formal training on at least three each of the following(each individual), however collectively the team supporting these requirements need to meet all eight : (1) Real-time processing and control, (2) digital signal processing, (3) User Interfaces, (4) Network protocols and systems, (5) Data Flow Networks, (6) Speech and Audio including Voice over IP (VoIP), (7) Streaming technologies, (8) Network and System Security. In lieu of college courses or formal training, 10 years’ experience in 3 out of the 8 categories specified above will be accepted.
- Information Technology: Designing, coding, testing, and debugging software written in Java,) and C or C++ Scripting languages such as PERL, PYTHON, BASH, or TCL ECLIPSE and/or NETBEANS IDE Java Messaging System (JMS), Apache Service Mix, or equivalent enterprise messaging technologies, Working experience using a J2EE container.
- Service Industry: Formal training or experience in software development using Agile methodologies. Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management, Change Control, & Requirements tools such as JIRA & ClearQuest.
- SIGINT: Software design and development for SIGINT systems on LINUX and Windows Platforms; SWE Experience with SIGINT systems; experience with VLF/HF/VHF/UHF Signal Collection Systems such as or similar to GLAIVE. Experience in technical program management and/or software development team lead. At least 50% of this experience shall be in programs with particular relevance to SIGINT, Communications Systems, and/or Information Technology
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.