Jr Full Stack S/W Developer
The Defense & Intelligence Group has a current opening for a Jr Full Stack S/W Developer in Tucson AZ.
The successful candidate will support efforts that will focus on developing/maturing our technology and capabilities in one or more technical areas including, but not limited to, cyber security, mobile apps, key management, and cloud computing.
-Performing a variety of broad engineering tasks, either independently or under supervision, involving studies, design and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, and support facilities and equipment
-Assist in the design and implementation of a large, cutting edge web application system development and integration effort.
- Help code and test full-stack web application software based on an Agile Scrum or Kanban aproach. This involves the use of user stories, acceptance criteria and other system engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team.
- Assist in using sound software engineering and object oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure and fault tolerant.
- Apply knowledge of secure software development principles and techniques
- Use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse and refactoring.
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, resourceful and reliable, work as a team member or independently, be able to bring new perspectives and ideas to the company, and proactively complete assigned activities on time.
-Bachelors degree, in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar discipline and 2+ years of relevant work experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience working with software design patterns and Java Web Application Development.
- US Citizenship is required.
- No initial clearance necessary, but must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience in software development on agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience in implementing key management systems and knowledge of key management standards such as PKCS 11 are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience in Scrum Methodology.
-Knowledge of Oracle, Postgres, and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of/or experience in software development on agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD.
- Knowledge of C++, C, FORTRAN programming languages.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.