Java Software Engineer / Scrum Master
Looking for a talented Scrum Master to lead, and contribute to, a feature development team on the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program. The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. This position is in Ashburn, VA. Candidates must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, this position requires U.S. Citizenship
As the Scrum Master, you will facilitate the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) SCRUM processes, escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive program-level continuous improvement for this high profile Leidos program. You are responsible for facilitating a feature development team level work within the SAFe framework and coordinating with Product Owners, Systems Engineers, program management and other feature development teams. This position requires strong leadership skills in order to lead a multi-skilled, complex, technical team of individuals. Excellent communication, team building and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast paced environment are needed. This position also requires superior capability in Design, Development, Documentation, Integration, Debugging and Testing.
• Work with multiple feature development teams to meet both sprint and release commitments and milestones.
• Guiding/directing engineering staff in the execution of engineering functions ensuring compliance with program and functional processes.
• Responsible for the SCRUM; interacting with Production Owners and representatives; own progress blockers, communicate progress to plans and coach teams to correctly apply Agile principles.
• Contribute to the feature team's design, development, documentation and testing of new enhancements to the system.
• Resolve critical issues on the operational system.
• Typically requires a Bachelors Degree in related field and 8 years of prior relevant professional experience or Masters in related field and 6 years of prior relevant professional experience.
• Previous experience engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
• Experience with facilitating scrum for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
• Able to track and produce key metrics (e.g., burn-down, burn-up charts, cumulative flow diagram).
• Should have Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum.
• Professional experience leading a group of engineers to meet scheduled milestones.
• Experience working at an organization going through an SAFe Agile transformation.
• Certified Scrum Master Certified (CSM).
• Scaled Agile certifications (SA, SPC).
• Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
• Experience on Air Traffic or working with Air Traffic Systems.
• Experience using the Atlassian tools: JIRA, Crucible, Confluence, Bamboo; Ant; Gradle; Tomcat and VersionOne.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.