Visuals Systems Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Visuals Systems Engineer to work in our Orlando, FL office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping with a wide range of complex virtual simulation software programs.
Candidate must be capable of software development concentrating in Visual Systems within a team oriented environment. Successful candidate will perform software development activity in support of a various simulation training applications supporting new development, bug fixes and fielding, concentrating in Visual Systems. Candidate will assist in performing in-depth analysis on multiple high-performance image generation COTS products. Candidate will support the Visual System integration with the larger software development team. A successful candidate will be expected to support in plant development, customer demos, proposal activities, and trade shows as needed. This is a hands-on development position and a successful candidate will be expected to follow a structured software development process
· Supporting software testing based on customer requirements.
· Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
· Work as part of a software development team.
· Implementation and application of sound configuration management processes.
· Maintains a schedule related to assigned task status and completion dates.
· Able to travel to customer locations to support contractual commitments including data collection, program reviews, software development, software deliveries, installation and test.
· Support and utilize defined processes and procedures to facilitate program objectives.
· Provide customers with exceptional support.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
· BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline required as well as 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
· Thorough knowledge of coding with C/C++/C# with strong Object Oriented (OO) development
· Experience in the following areas: Image generation, real-time 3D scene management, real-time host programming, DIS/HLA, CIGI, OpenFlight, 3D modeling, terrain generation, display technologies, digital video, Windows, Unix, Linux
· Experience working in a Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
· Must possess superior communication, presentation, and writing skills.
· U.S citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
· Previous experience with any of the following image generators/gaming engines:
o EPX-50, EP2
o VR Vantage
· The design, development, and maintenance of computer based virtual or gaming simulations
· Gaming software development
· Experienced user of Git, Atlassian Tools including; Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
Experience with Continuous Integration Environment tools like Jenkins and experience with automated testing.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.