Data Warehouse Engineer
Seeking a Data Warehouse Engineer also called a ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Engineer for a human capital O&M program. Position is located in Vienna, VA.
Job responsibilities may include:
• Developing and maintaining ETL scripts using SQL, DataStage and C++
• Executing automated ETL scripts in a fast paced production environment.
• Loading Data, Analyzing results, identifying root causes of issues, and developing solutions to resolve the issues.
• Perform lifecycle function including requirements gathering, development, unit testing, documenting, and production implementation.
• Provide 24x7 escalation support as well can support shift scheduling
• BS and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
• 4+ years of development experience, including unit testing.
• Script development experience, such as SQL,Unix, SED, AWK Scripting, DataStage.
• Debugging experience.
• Demonstrated experience supporting a production environment.
• Proven ability to work independently and resolve complex issues.
• strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and technical capabilities.
• Ability to work shift work.
• Ability to work in a team environment and multi-task.
• Strong attention to detail.
• A self starter with the ability to think outside the box and find solutions.
• ETL experience, specifically working with IBM DataStage and Control-M.
• Experience with Oracle DataBases.
• Experience with PL/SQL.
• Familiarity with Data Warehouses.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.