Digital and Web Designer
Leidos's Naval Health Operation (NHW) is seeking a part-time Digital and Web Designer who will work in collaborations with our creative in-house team to design, produce, and maintain the layout and content of project websites to enhance the appeal of an ongoing research program targeting military personnel.
Key Responsibilities and Job Duties:
• Create amazing websites functional across all browsers and platforms
• Design graphically rich web pages that engage consumers
• Design using Adobe Creative Suites, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere
• Provide periodic website maintenance and enhancements
• Stay up to date with emerging technologies that align with product brands
• Modify design based on internal and external review
• Participate in and lead design reviews with team
• Collaborate with multiple internal team members to develop concept and complete assignments
• Stay abreast of new and burgeoning technologies and design trends
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Ability to create Photoshop layers, slices and incorporate them into web template
• Proficiency with HTML & CSS
• Experience with at least 1 CSS framework (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc).
• Experience with responsive design
• Experience testing designs across multiple devices/browsers to ensure compatibility
• Must have impeccable attention to detail and exacting standards regarding file setup, organization, pre-press, color management, and overall quality control
• Detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational and follow through skills
• Knowledge of marketing strategies as they apply to military populations
• Solid communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to be a self-starter and work both independent and in group setting
• Ability to plan and prioritize work
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google Plus
• Portfolio required
Required Education and Experience:
Degree in Graphic Design or related field AND 2-3 years of relevant experience. Capable and willing to transfer rights to all created work to the department and that any third party elements used are properly licensed and that the license conveys/extends to the department.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET government security clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.