Leidos is seeking Human Geographers to support a government customer in Quantico, VA. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing analysis, research, and information management support.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will:
• Utilize GIS tools to assess and analyze digital imagery, geospatial databases, and various sources.
• Use remote sensing, spatial analysis, and GIS tools along with skills
• Perform quality reviews to ensure geospatial and content accuracy.
• Generate visual aids and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing
High School diploma
• 3+ years geospatial analysis experience in the Intelligence Community at the national level.
• Understanding of language or linguistics
• Ability to correlate human trends
• Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
• In-depth knowledge of the following systems and software programs: GIS tools such as ArcGIS, ERDAS, SOCET SET, SOCET GXP; and common office software to include PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, word processing
• Expert level experience in creating visual aids (graphs, charts, etc.) and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing
• Ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
• Work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to analysts to build effective customer relationships.
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Prior human geography or human terrain experience
• Relevant degree (anthropology, political science)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.