Imagery Scientist, Journeyman
Leidos is seeking Imagery Scientists to provide direct support to the intelligence community in meeting requirements to support our National Security Customer in Quantico, VA. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing imagery science support.
**Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance is REQUIRED**
The selected candidate will provide imagery science support specifically related to the exploitation of Multi/Hyper-Spectral, LiDAR, Infrared, or SAR/Radar imagery or Photogrammetry to assist the government/contractor team in optimizing the collection and exploitation of various types of imagery data. The image scientist will collaborate with and provide scientific analysis support to full spectrum GEOINT (FSG) data to imagery and geospatial analysts, to leverage the value-added support to sharpen their assessments of current intelligence issues. The imagery scientist duties also include applying Multi/Hyper-Spectral, LiDAR, Infrared, or SAR/Radar data and programming techniques and capabilities to mission issues, as well as investigating innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis. Evaluation of commercial, academic, and outside approaches and algorithms, refinement, development of measures of effectiveness, improvements to system capabilities, and creation of new procedures is commonplace. Formal and informal written reports and briefings are necessary to capture plans, schedules, status updates and results.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience and a Bachelor of Science degree in image science, remote sensing, earth science, physical science, engineering, or similar engineering/science field is required.
• Scientist candidates must have experience in applied image processing and scientific analysis of Multi/Hyper-Spectral, LiDAR, Infrared, or SAR/Radar imagery or Photogrammetry, knowledge of image formation, and phenomenology.
• Additional experience required includes scientifically processing various imagery types from National, Civil, and Commercial imaging systems, proficiency with techniques, algorithms, and scientific analysis of imagery data processing using ENVI IDL. J
• Experience in programming languages such as IDL, R, and Python.
• Experience performing image processing using ENVI and ERDAS IMAGINE is essential.
• Experience with GOTS applications such as FSTK and AGITK is a plus.
• Scientists must possess the ability to communicate effectively in writing and oral presentations, complete task in a timely manner with minimal supervision, and the ability to work cooperatively and effectively as a team member.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.