Leidos is hiring a Performance Manager to monitor and manage the performance and delivery of IT services to be delivered across the Department of Energy. This role is ultimately responsible for all technical performance including meeting or exceeding program/project Service Level Agreements and ensuring all deliverables meet or exceed customer expectations for quality and timeliness. This person will be assigned to a complex program involving multiple tasks, multiple performing organizations, and complex responsibilities.
• Provides technical direction and oversight of performance, operational and technical activities in an enterprise IT environment
• Works collaboratively with other DOE IT contractors and service providers
• Continually monitors and evaluates technical performance; provides leadership to ensure consistent service delivery in a performance-based contract
• Meets with management, technical and operating personnel within client organizations to review requirements, present proposed action plans and to discuss and resolve technical, administrative and management problems and issues
• A Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years of experience with the program and/or IT operations management of a large Enterprise IT Service Delivery program (>$50/Annual).
• Experience managing in a large Task Order driven environment
• Proven Program/Operations Management experience across FFP, FFP LOE, and T&M contracts. This includes experience managing contract deliverable items, budgets, and meeting operational performance expectations/SLAs, including customer satisfaction
• Proven experience and interaction with senior level customers (SES and above)
• Current DOE Q or L Clearance or equivalent (DOD Secret) with ability to obtain an Agency specific clearance within 6 months (if not DOE)
• Experience with the management, manpower utilization, and supervision of employees (including subcontractors) of various labor categories and skills in projects
• Experience managing IT operations, seat management and/or managed services contracts; Expertise with cloud computing and data center infrastructure highly desired.
• Experience managing an IT operational environment with significant cyber security requirements or certifications applicable to cyber security (i.e. CISSP, Ethical Hacker)
• PMP Certified (desired)
• ITIL Certification (desired)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.