DHMSM Systems Engineer
Leidos's Defense Health Operation currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer on the DHMSM contract in Vienna, VA.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Provide support for design, development, sustainment, and optimization of applications related to production applications, operating systems, and virtual machines.
General activities may also include:
Analyze and study complex system requirements. Assist with the design of software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses. Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques. Estimate software development costs and schedule. Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques. Supervise software configuration management. Review current status of system applications and prepare recommendations for systems improvements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY:
Experience with the following is essential:
- Troubleshooting of deployed IT systems, with specific focus on system applications
- Administration of Linux or Windows systems
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Software development methodologies, including testing
- Software coding techniques
- Cybersecurity implementations.
Experience with the following is highly desirable:
- MCSA: Windows Server 2008
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Enterprise VMware vSphere virtualization
- Orion Health Rhapsody or similar Integration Engine, installation and troubleshooting
- Java web services running on Apache Tomcat installation and troubleshooting
- Experience with scripting language such as PowerShell, Python, Perl or Shell
- Database Administration with Oracle SQL Server or Microsoft SQL Server, installation and troubleshooting
- Network Troubleshooting
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain an ADPII government security clearance.
holiday referral eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.