The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Electrical Engineer to work in our Dayton, Ohio operations. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Threat Warning and Countermeasures mission. In this mission a cadre of sensor technologists working collaboratively with Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) researchers to develop and integrate test protocols and instrumentation thereby augmenting agency developmental testing goals in the areas of laser sensor technology, missile warning, combat identification, wide-area surveillance, and space protection sensors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Able to evaluate electrical systems, components, and applications for EO systems by designing electronic circuits and conducting research and development; applying knowledge of electricity, mechanical design and materials.
- Proficient in the use of Microcontrollers and embedded processors, and able to perform A/D, D/A, and I/O design.
- Design electronic circuits using photodetector circuits, high-speed low-noise trans impedance amplifier design, high speed comparator circuits, and instrumentation amplifier design, on-board power management, MOSFET driver design, LED current driver design (analog), laser diode driver design.
- PC Board layout: ORCAD, fine pitch, RF circuits, multilayer boards, surface mount and through hole, knowledge of state-of-the-art component and connector interfaces, product generation suitable for release to PCB manufacturers
- Support Government and contractor team engineers and scientists in EO system modeling, phenomenology studies, sensor design, sensor integration, sensor data collection, data processing, exploitation, sensor fusion, and generation of sensor products.
- Coordinating projects by collaborating and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering Degree with at least 6 years’ of applicable experience
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance
- Proficient in electrical circuit design applications (i.e. Orcad)
- Proficient in SPICE modeling: Design and analysis skills, frequency response and noise optimization using vendor component models
- Must be able to perform digital design: digital logic design using all families of logic hardware
- Able to work in a dynamic Team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels (including fluency in English), with an emphasis on clarity and positive collaboration
- Ability and commitment to produce highly accurate work on a tight schedule
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- M.S. Electrical Engineering
- System Engineering background and experience
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- EO/IR background and experience
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.