Senior Systems Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) team, which will support the Shadow RQ-7B Aircraft and other UAS related efforts.
Member of an Engineering Team supporting a full spectrum of division activities specifically focused on systems engineering to include requirements analysis, system design, system integration, functional testing, and all associated documentation. Support of security engineering, certification and accreditation and other IA activities as required. As a Systems Engineer (SE), the candidate will coordinate cross functional efforts to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required. Employ standard methods, processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Provide support to functional areas including requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment. Interface with government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve SE issues. Candidate selected is expected to travel up to 25%.
The individual will have a strong background in systems engineering or related information technology field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software. The selected candidate will have previous information technology experience.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks include:
- Systems design, integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation for operational maintenance team
- Develop test plans that validate customer driven requirements are met
- Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams
- Support system engineering activities to ensure system functionality
- Support information assurance accreditation events
- Support of information assurance assessments and accreditation awards
- BS degree from an accredited engineering school and 12 plus years related engineering experience, or MS degree from an accredited engineering school and 10 plus years related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited school of Engineering and 7 plus years related engineering experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows and Unix/Linux operating system platforms
- Experience coordinating with Third Party Hardware and Software Vendors for successful systems integration and testing
- Demonstrated expertise in virtualized environments (Citrix, VMWare, etc)
- Awareness and familiarity with cross domain and multi-level security solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage assigned systems engineering projects
- Experience designing, integrating, configuring, and testing systems
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrate previous success working in a team based environment to meet objectives.
- Secret security clearance
- Experience developing Systems requirements
- Experience leading IPTs or smaller task teams
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience with Department of Defense information systems
- Experience with US Army UAS
- Government Report and/or technical writing skills
- Experience with open architectures
- Ability to develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities
- Experience with AR 70-62 Airworthiness certification process with US Army Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.