Deputy Director, Finance Operations (NCI)
The Financial Operations Directorate (FOD) manages all financial aspects of organizational and contract management for the operation of the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research. With annual revenue of over $600M, the FOD manages activities in General Accounting, Project Cost budgeting, pricing, and management, Accounts payable and payroll, and internal audit.
- The Deputy Director of Financial Operations Directorate will report to the Director of the Financial Operations Directorate.
- Support the Director in the implementation of the strategic plan working with the Director of Finance, Director of Accounting and associated staff.
- Support the organization driving to continual improvement by identifying, developing, and implementing innovation, and contemporary best-practices, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the prime operating contract and applicable laws and regulations, such as Cost Accounting Standards and Federal Acquisition Regulations cost principles.
- Support the Director in the review, and analysis of financial and budgetary reports, and cost proposals; present recommendations to the Director and senior Government and LBR management as directed.
- Support the Director in the evolution of the structure and service delivery model of Financial Directorate aligned with the changing contract environment.
- Lead the coordination of data calls across the FOD.
- Lead the management and successful delivery of new approved FOD initiatives (short term projects) by recommending solutions, planning the execution, and leading the successful delivery of the initiative objectives. May require work across multiple organizations within LBR.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education)
- 10 years of experience in government contracting with applied experience in Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations cost principles, and Federal cost reimbursable contracts
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with Federal and Corporate senior leadership, employees, and customers
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Possession of a CPA or Master’s degree
- Applied experience with Federal cost reimbursable contracts including Task Order Contracts
- Supervisory experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.