Senior Database Administrator
Database Administrators will evaluate and investigate database discrepancies, improvements, data transitions and DBA requests. Candidate will work with teammates to support project control gates and creation of project documentation. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner and able to work independently while collaborating with team members and external components in a complex environment.
• Performing threshold forecasting, sizing, capacity planning, and trend analysis.
• Performing data loading.
• Maintaining, administering, developing, testing and production environments.
• Installation and building the database.
• Monitoring the database and O/S.
• Performing the database migration, upgrades and patches.
• Performing the database tuning, backup and recovery.
• Ensuring FISMA and CATB requirements are met at the database level.
• Managing job and activity schedules to promote optimal performance, maximum availability and minimize data latency and data load durations.
• Update data models describing data elements and how they are used.
• Plan and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database Review and update database management system manuals.
• Provide technical advice to programmer analysts regarding time and costs required to update records in support of their projects.
• Modify existing databases and related management systems or inform programmers and analysts how to make changes.
• Develop and administer codes and methods to monitor database performance.
HS Diploma or GED with 12 Years of relevant experience, OR Associate's Degree with 10 Years of relevant experience, OR Bachelor's Degree with 8 Years of relevant experience, OR Master's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience or PhD with 4 Years relevant experience.
Required Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Business Intelligence or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Management & Analytics - Business Intelligence Security
IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCP (or higher).
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
• Desired Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Management & Analytics Developer IEEE s Certified Software Development Professional or similar certification. Cisco or Oracle certifications.
• Communication skills to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates.
• Experience with US military Intelligence networks and organizations.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.