Senior Software Engineer
The software engineer will be part of a team that provides software engineering services to federal government customers, with projects to develop and maintain scientific, geospatial and technical software and databases in Windows and Linux environments for use in web services, stand-alone, or client-server applications. Responsible for all or part of the development life-cycle phases, including requirements, design, development, implementation, testing and deployment. Performs software engineering design evaluations, analysis of software products and system solutions and stays abreast of relevant new technology trends and products. Manages project task schedules and timelines. Tasking may include developing software to simplify the maintenance and upgrade of oceanographic, geophysical and acoustics databases and to support the development of acoustic modeling, analysis and data fusion tools.
• Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
• Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
• Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
• Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
• Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
• Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects
• Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
HS Diploma or GED with 12 Years of relevant experience, OR Associate's Degree with 10 Years of relevant experience, OR Bachelor's Degree with 8 Years of relevant experience, OR Master's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience or PhD with 4 Years relevant experience.
Proficient in .NET, C++, Java, and/or Perl and demonstrated expertise in development of Web applications.
IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCP (or higher).
•Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field.
•Large Enterprise-level IT experience in supporting multiple Operating Systems and environments.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.