Database Admnistrator Sr.
The Defense and Intelligence group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Database Administrator to work in our Randolph AFB, TX location supporting Air Forces’ Military Personnel Data System (MilPDS).
The successful candidate will be able to analyze and resolve General Database actions, along with Database Administration activities, in a highly visible, 24/7 mission critical environment with a team of DBA’s and large pool of IT Experts. Seamlessly work with Development, Application and Production Support teams on supporting and implementing application changes, database enhancements, and database production support including incident, problem and change management, extensive troubleshooting, Oracle quarterly patch installs, Oracle upgrades, running data-pump exports/imports to refresh data, backups and restores to refresh into non-production environments, working with distributed transactions via database links, and running daily data-fixes.
· Participation in 24x7 on-call rotations for production-support for Oracle Based Environments.
· Create and maintain all databases required for development, testing and production usage, and perform the capacity planning as required.
· Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
· Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS as necessary.
· Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
· Troubleshoots problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
· Create new database users as required.
· Provide standard onsite support with additional after hours/weekend support as needed.
External Referral Eligible.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
· Possess an active DOD National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) upon starting in position
· Possess a current Security+ CE certification (or higher) upon starting in position
· Working knowledge within Linux operating system (install, troubleshoot, and maintain applications)
· Working knowledge of Oracle database administration with 11g or 12c databases
· A clear understanding of Oracle application and database architecture
· Knowledge of SQL query development and tuning
· Sound knowledge of application development and support
· Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
· A good knowledge of the operating system(s) especially Linux, and physical database design
· Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, Oracle quarterly patch installs
· Experience with RAC database.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.