Senior Systems Administrator
The Systems Administrator will apply network / systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software, or network / system functional specifications, and design, develop, test and modify computer systems and programs based on user or design specifications. Provides integration and operational support for vulnerability remediation of distributed systems. Provides implementation and technical support services including: software support, configuration, maintenance planning/documentation, training, and troubleshooting Set up and administer accounts as well as maintain system documentation. Perform client-level support on enterprise systems using centralized systems such as Active Directory with a solid foundation in applying group policies Supports daily activities related to operations, security, and performance of information systems, including (but not limited to) communication systems, databases, software firewalls, and other technologies that require ongoing management of workstations Performs software upgrades as needed to include implementing security patches, bug fixes or other critical updates as they become available. Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems. Requests and Manages PKI Certificates to support mission systems. Troubleshoots and repairs server software, operating system (OS), and client-server application problems.
• Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers • Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process • Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
• Installs/loads operating system and application software
• Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
• Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
HS Diploma or GED with 12 Years of relevant experience, OR Associate's Degree with 10 Years of relevant experience, OR Bachelor's Degree with 8 Years of relevant experience, OR Master's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience or PhD with 4 Years relevant experience.
-Experience with both Windows Server and Windows 7 administration.
-Excellent communication skills in team environments as well as on individual projects are mandatory.
-Must possess the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to end users and management.
IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCP (or higher).
• Communication skills to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates.
• Experience with US military Intelligence networks and organizations.
• Experience with SCCM desktop management suite.
• Experience with virtual desktop brokers.
• Certifications such as MCSE, Security+, CCNA, CCNP, NetApp, and ITIL v3.
• Experience deploying production virtual environments (e.g. thin clients).
• Experience with Windows software packaging and deployment automation.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.