It's a great time to join the Liedos Defense & Intelligence Group!
As the Database Specialist, you will serve as the program’s primary business intelligence and analysis subject matter expert. You will ensure appropriate linkages to existing databases, and data processing systems, and, ensure adequate security and recovery procedures are included in all data base designs. Direct the training of user groups in the protocols involved in updating and accessing the database. Monitor database transactions to ensure correct usage of the database. Provide technical expertise on the database system to user and data processing personnel.
- Support procurement and inventory management system
- Maintain data integrity for all program related entities
- Provide monthly Contract Deliverables submission for Government Furnished Property, and list of all program related property
- Write web based software for reporting, data aggregation, and program analytics
- Design databases for easy storage and access of all program related data
- Perform constant analysis of program wide business processes to identify areas where automation can greatly improve speed and/or accuracy of data
- Regularly meets with other areas of the program to ensure accurate delivery of reports and other analytical data
- Execute regular updates for the inventory management software
- Provide custom data queries to areas of the program when further analysis is needed
-Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
-Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance prior to start, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret
-Must have experience in current DBMS (Database Management Systems) technologies, application design utilizing various DBMS, and experience with DBMS internals.
-Create and maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly standardized reports to meet the overall program’s reporting requirements
-Notify program leadership and systems engineering team of data trends, forecasts, and opportunities discovered in the course of performing data analysis
-Create and maintain defined algorithms or calculations within the business analytics platform as necessary to visualize required metrics
-Serve as Account Administrator for all users seeking access to published visualizations and charts
•Experience using relational databases (Oracle, SQL, Access, etc)
•Experience producing metrics with key performance indicating data
•Experience in large-scale data capture and reporting methods
•Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
•Preferred experience in Tableau
-Perform ad hoc requests for analysis and new data visualizations using large amounts of data collected from the program’s Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
* External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.