IT Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician
Leidos is currently looking for a Senior Hardware Technician at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position is in support of the I2TS-3 contract.
The Senior Hardware Technician organizes and directs hardware installations across multiple sites, and analyzes and recommends hardware specifications for project-unique or modified commercial hardware. Assists with building simulations of proposed systems and provides hardware throughput analyses to system engineers. Designs and verifies test harnesses/simulated interfaces for all test and integration phases. Prepares Mean-Time-Between-Failure and Mean-Time-To-Repair analyses. Analyzes operational data to identify choke points, failure modes, and other data for design or maintainability improvements.
• Provide hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues
• Procure and perform acceptance testing on equipment
• Provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial. Deploy, install, and implement hardware at Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS)
• Prepares specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements
• Conduct site surveys
• Prepares engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages
• Organize and direct hardware installations. Configure (and document configuration of) computers, networking devices and various peripheral equipment.
• Prepare site installation and test reports. Ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements
• Prepare reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies• Provide specific input to the hardware components of system design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices, data storage devices, and specialized processors
HSD or GED with 8 Years of relevant experience
OR Associate's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience
OR Bachelor's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience
OR Master's Degree with 2 Years of relevant experience
Clearance: Active TS/SCI required at time of hire.
Certifications at time of hire:
This position requires DoD Directive 85570.01M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II certification; candidates require one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCP
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.