Computational Electromagnetics Subject Matter Expert (CME SME)
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has a contingent opening in Chantilly, VA for a Senior Computational Electromagnetics (CEM) Engineer.
The successful candidate will join a small team dedicated to delivering advanced solutions to U.S. Government customers. The ASG in Leidos is on the forefront in the development of specialized systems that require advanced skills in the modeling and simulation of large complex systems involving computational electromagnetics, and is now entering an exciting phase of transitioning these capabilities from the research lab to operational status through implementation in custom hardware systems. This is a great opportunity to help build new capabilities from the ground up in support government customers.
Security Clearances: All candidates must have current TS/SCI clearances in order to be considered for this position.
Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field with at least 10-12 years of relevant work experience for Master’s degree and 8-10 years for PhD (preferred).
• Significant software development experience in CEM
• Code development experience in one of more of the following solution techniques: Method of Moments (MoM), Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD), Finite Element-Boundary Integral (FE-BI), high-frequency asymptotic (ray traced) methods
• Experience with fast solver techniques
• Experience with both Surface Integral Equation (SIE) and Volume Integral Equation (VIE) formulations
• Radar scattering experience
• Possess strong analytical skills in electromagnetics and physics
• Experienced with C/C++ and/or Fortran
• Parallel programming experience (MPI, OpenMP)
• Work in a dynamic small team environment with other contractors and the government
• Lead CEM development area and provide regular status updates to the customer
• Most importantly, have an entrepreneurial, motivated, self-starter attitude
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.