Leidos has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator to work at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
The Systems Administrator will handle account management, Hardware and Software technical support, troubleshooting, and ensuring the overall health of the network supported in a Windows based environment. Provides technical support and documentation from change request concept and design through development and integration for deployment in large
complex IT systems
Selected candidate will be responsible for:
• Experience working with managing Distributed Common Ground System-Army (DCGS-a) systems
• Experience working on airborne network and computing environments/systems
• Familiarity with virtualization, particularly VMware/ESXi
• Data and application backups, Information Systems disaster recovery efforts, and Information Systems vulnerability scanning and mitigation.
• Technical documentation (Standard Operating Procedures).
• Provide hardware and software installation, configuration, and testing.
• Research and update client management team on technologies and strategies to achieve the highest level of network efficiency.
• Aid engineering staff with Hardware, software, and project specific system support.
• Provide input, response, and completion when applicable to Information Systems data-call audits.
• Provide updates and input on any agency overall to Information Systems efforts.
• Work closely with client Property Accountability Officer for logistics management and input as well as the DoD Information System Security Officer.
• Attend onsite/offsite meetings to include teleconferences (travel may be required)
• Support Information System Security Manager as the Information Security Officer, maintain stand-alone, classified, information system administration
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) with 8+ years related experience
• COMPTIA Security Plus or CISSP
• Professional Certification (Ex: MCSE, MCSA, Server 2012R2/2016, etc)
• Experience in a Windows environment, i.e., Windows 2012R2/2016, Client/Windows 10 Client, Windows Software
• VMWare ESXi 6.X
• Network Management and components administration (routers, switches, hubs, etc)
• DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts experience and management
• Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices
• Must be a solutions-oriented team player, and must possess a high level of self-initiative
• Must be a good communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills
• Currently possess a TS/SCI security clearance
• Linux Server experience (Redhat 6 or 7)
• Microsoft Windows Active Directory Management
• Domain Name Server Administration
• Acronis Backup
• Network Monitoring tools (Manage Engine, Software Center Configuration Manager
• License Server Administration and Management experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.