Cyber Network and Systems Engineer - Senior
Leidos is seeking a Cyber Network and Systems Engineer to support our GSM-O Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) Task Order. JRSS is a suite of equipment that performs firewall functions, intrusion detection and prevention, enterprise management, virtual routing and forwarding, and network security capabilities. It is intended to create a single, secure, standards-based network; enable global coordination; provide access at the point of need; and provide a network infrastructure that is capable, reliable and trusted.
NOTE: DoD Secret clearance required. Candidates holding active DOD Secret clearance will be given first consideration. Those without clearance may be processed by Leidos, but may not begin work until interim Secret is obtained. Must be eligible to obtain up to Top Secret clearance based on program requirements.
NOTE: Part time telecommute may be available for this position based on authorization from manager and customer.
- Analyze future requirements and capabilities.
- Prototype proposed product solutions
- Assist the customer in developing strategies to implement/integrate new and/or updated capabilities with the existing JRSS multi-tenant architecture.
- Provide suggestions to the customer to help make JRSS more efficient and scalable to support future DoD customers
- Utilize lab systems to troubleshoot and resolve problems currently encountered in production
- Support and help maintain hardware and software configurations within the JRSS program configuration management constructs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 + years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience with Network transport and security architectures
- Experience with routing protocols: OSPF, BGP
- Familiar with Next-Gen Firewall (Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco) architectures and concepts
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring FWs, Routers and Switches
- Familiar with SIEM architectures and strategies
- Working knowledge of IDS/IPS signature technologies
- Familiar with Load Balancing architectures and technologies
- Familiar with MPLS and VPN architectures
- Familiar with NetOps monitoring strategies, architectures, and tools
- Experience in developing and analyzing system level requirements
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.