Database Application Developer
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a Database Application Developer to support a program for the FDA in Baltimore, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Database Application Developer position include but not limited to the following:
- Providing database support for development and deployment of database scripts in Development, Test, Pre-Production and Production environments
- Develop Oracle stored procedures, packages, functions, and triggers in support of new applications being deployed
- Provide database administration support for application development teams for Maintenance and Emergency software releases
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Assist customers with issues related to SIRCE and Imports applications involving issues with PL/SQL code, UNIX shell scripts, cron jobs, and Pro*C code running in development and production environments
- Recommending solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications
- Implementing new releases and completing maintenance requirements
- Support for writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years or more of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Highly proficient in core DBA skills spanning multiple releases like Oracle 10g and 11g
- Experience with PL/SQL, SQL Queries, procedures, triggers, and DDL
- Hands on experience in DB application development
- Experience with Performance tuning (DB, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Proficient with Oracle utilities such as data bump, SQL Loader
- Experience in writing and modifying UNIX Shell Scripts
- Experience with Oracle 11g Exadata and Exalogic architecture, Oracle 10G/11G, Oracle Web Forms and reports, Oracle 11g WebLogic, Oracle Internet Directory (OID), Oracle Access Manager, Oracle WorkFlow, Oracle SOA
- Experience with Subversion, JIRA, HP ALM
- FDA domain knowledge
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.