Senior Data Center Architect
Leidos ITS Enterprise Architecture and Engineering organization is seeking a candidate to lead the development of our Next Generation Data Center Architecture. This position can be supported from one of the following locations: Reston-VA, Orlando-FL, King of Prussia-PA, or Gaithersburg-MD.
In this role, the candidate will report to the Vice President of Architecture and Engineering, and will be responsible for defining the company’s Data Center services strategy. Major initiatives that the candidate will lead include defining the architecture for NextGen Leidos Corporate Data Centers, integration of the legacy IS&GS, Leidos, and subsidiary Data Center services, and the roadmap for Hybrid Cloud Services to reduce overall cost of services and meet business demands. The strategy must also include the disposition of existing Leidos Data Center assets and consider the operations requirements for data center operations spanning from England to Australia. The proposed strategy must also include the development of transition plan from the “as is” architecture to the “to be” architecture and the feasibility of achieving the “to be” architecture by the dates required by the Business.
- Define the architecture for Leidos Corporate Data Centers including internally hosted and cloud services
- Perform analyses including business case assessment for Data center strategies
- Recommend a go-forward data Center strategy that meets constraints (exit Carrolton, cost constraints, etc)
- Define roadmaps for Data Center Services to establish plans to meet the end state (optimized hybrid services that can be delivered on demand with best in class service level and cost
- Collaborate with Engineering, Cyber Security (CIS), Operations, BRM, and Enterprise Applications to ensure integrated solutions are fully vetted
- Master's degree with 20 years of experience in Information Technology, including extensive Data Center architecture and engineering experience. Additional experience and professional certifications relevant to Data Center Architecture or Systems Engineering will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven experience implementing Hybrid Cloud
- Strong understanding of Data Canter Services
- Experience architecting network, storage, and compute services
- Knowledge of standard architecture and engineering modeling techniques such as TOGAF
- Ability to collaborate with diverse and geographically distributed teams
- Proven experience with Uptime Institute Data Center Tier Classification System and Tier Certification Requirements
- Hands on experience architecting Data Center solution
- Commercial Cloud Experience
- Experience with Architecture Frameworks
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.