Leidos is a leader in fulfilling Intelligence Community (IC) counterterrorism (CT) requirements. We have an exciting opportunity for an Editor. This position is located in the Northern Virginia area. Leidos specifically seeks experienced candidates with active TS/SCI with polygraphs who are able to work alongside IC and military experts. The selected candidate will be responsible for professionally editing analytical products that support key US national security and foreign policy objectives on CT.
Subject Matter Expertise Requirements:
- Relevant exposure to US foreign policy, national security CT objectives, and the interagency coordination process.
- Professional writing, editing and sourcing skills.
- Proven track record of reviewing finished intelligence and working cordially with analysts and managers.
- Ability to think critically and analytically, as well as broadly and strategically.
- Knowledge of national security classification procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to adjust as priorities change.
- Documented experience working the Adobe Indesign desired but not required
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts/Sciences (or related field), 6+ years of relevant IC and/or CT experience and demonstrated performance in similar positions. Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph (other candidates will not be considered).
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.