Software Engineering - DevOps
Leidos Exploitation and Visualization Services (EVS) are hiring Software Engineers/Developers to deliver the next generation of Geospatial Intelligence technologies. The effort will harness GOTS, COTS and FOSS technologies to deliver advanced exploitation services. The team will build and deliver new and innovative approaches to implement Geospatial Intelligence exploitation and production using web and cloud technologies.
This requisition is looking for a software engineer to join the Agile Development team. They will participate in 2 week sprints during which they will collaborate with the customer and team to define, build and test exploitation and enterprise services. They will be expected to be strong contributors to the scrum team, participating in daily scrums, and being proactive to work tasks and resolve obstacles. In addition to service development and delivery, they will provide support to DRs detected by testers or in operations.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Typically requires BS Degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 1+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience working as a strong contributor on a SW team
• Understanding of the agile principles and scrum methodology
• Enthusiasm for working in a high performing team environment and collaborating with customers and users to define scope and design
• Self-motivated to learn new skills for solving challenging engineering, scientific and information technology challenges
• Experience with CI and DevOps processes (Chef, Jenkins, Nexus)
• Experience with automated COTS and Server deployments (CloudFormation, PHP)
• Experience with Windows Server 2012 and Domain Administration (Active Directory, Group Policy)
• Experience with and understanding of Python 2.7
• Demonstrated experience and a solid understanding of a variety of J2EE FOSS frameworks (e.g. Spring, Jackson, Hibernate, Jersey, Apache Commons)
• Demonstrated experience and a solid understanding of JPA, ORM, relational databases, and SQL
• Experience with and understanding of NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo)
• Experience with and understanding of search engines (e.g. Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch)
• Experience with and understanding of Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services and J2EE application servers
• Experience with and understanding of geospatial and imagery exploitation products and processes
• Understanding of API management and web analytics
• Knowledge of the Jira Project & Issue Tracking SW. Knowledge of SharePoint Collaboration Tool
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.