Chief Engineer (Network Engineering)-Scott AFB, O’Fallon, IL
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Chief Engineer at Scott AFB, O’Fallon, IL.
The Chief Engineer (CE) will support the DISA customer as part of the Global Systems Management Operations (GSM-O) program. The CE will report to the Program Vice President. The CE will lead and be accountable for creating and solving technical solutions for the GSM-O program.
The CE is responsible for the technical supervision and direction of the development, production and operations of the GSM-O program that is maintained and managed on a 24x7x365 operations, administration and maintenance of mission critical DoD communications networks. The CE will work closely with Program Manager, chief architect, engineering leads, and customer stakeholders to drive current and future program results that drive efficiency within the program and improve service delivery to the customer. The CE is expected to engage with all technical teams on the program, determine priorities, scope additional work, collect and report status, review/approve changes, and ensure tasks are completed on time within the environment. The Chief Engineer's presence is expected primarily at the Scott AFB, O’Fallon, Illinois location and at other GSM-O sites when necessary. He/she may work remotely at other locations if required.
· Determines the technical goals of the program and works with program stakeholders to refine those goals into executable objectives
· Devises plans for each phase of the program objectives
· Identifies and procures the resources necessary to execute program objectives
· Recruits engineering staff and builds the technical workforce to meet GSM-O program objectives
· Performs quality control checks, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of the network systems, tools, and products
· Evaluates the engineering costs to identify efficiencies and improved ways of delivering service to the customer
· Negotiates with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications
· Delegates tasks as necessary to engineering team and maintains accountability for results
· Builds strong professional working relationships with stakeholders to resolves disputes, define technical solutions, and drive positive change within the program.
· The ideal candidate may have multiple people reporting to them but will be required to work with external stakeholders to achieve program objectives. This would include the issues, risks, dependencies, and making sure action plans are documented and executed accordingly.
· Be responsible for working with the customer and external stakeholders (industry leaders, vendors, military, etc.) to accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks.
· This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes for total systems across the DISN and GSM-O.
· Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
· Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with no supervision.
-Some travel (< 50%) may be required
• Typically requires Masters with 12 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Network certifications such as but not limited to, Cisco Certifications (CCIE, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security + CE, CISSP, etc.)
• Current and Active Secret Clearance is required for this role
• Currently possess DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE.
• ITIL certification
• Comfortable with and understands differences between Operations and In Flight programs.
• Significant background supporting tools such as Element Managers, Ticketing Systems, CMDB/Change mgmt. tools, SIEMs.
• Significant background supporting WAN technologies (Optical: Sycamore, Cisco, Cienna; IP: Cisco, Juniper; Firewall: Palo Alto; & F5 Load Balancers).
• Understanding of Cyber technologies and tools (Bro, Argus, Tipping Point, Landcope, SourceFire, etc).
• Systems Engineering experience.
• Comfortable with a process oriented approach. Can speak well to incident management, problem management, and how technologies integrate into those processes.
• Project Management skills/background.
• Have either chaired or at least comfortable with an Engineering Review Board (ERB).
• Proposal experience.
• Comfortable with presenting and interaction with senior officials (SES/Flag Officers)
• Experience in R&D projects, innovation, and strategy
• Comfortable with Cloud Computing, and Compute/Storage technologies (virtualization)
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.