System Integration Engineer
Leidos is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to provide direct support to the USG program manager and chief engineer for a major system acquisition. Candidate must have a strong systems engineering background, work well with customer personnel in a challenging program office environment, and be able to exercise self-initiative to identify, prioritize, and act on critical issues affecting program development and performance. The successful candidate should also be an accomplished communicator interacting with subject matter experts, managers and senior leadership, have a proven track record of productivity and delivering quality results, be successful gaining acceptance of controversial proposals, and be able to rapidly synthesize multiple inputs into coherent courses of action.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
· Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
· Develop solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
· Serve as a subject matter expert for systems engineering principles and practices, including requirements analysis, traceability, configuration management, verification and validation and the development of risk assessments and mitigation plans.
· Work closely and effectively with government customers in a fast paced, demanding, extremely dynamic environment often with little or no guidance
· Provide and manage inputs for USG rapid responses to external queries from executive leadership and legislative oversight such as OSD and congressional staffs respectively.
· Have in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs and the ability to monitor and report on critical factors such as cost, schedule, and technical performance parameters.
· Develop and review program documents, reports and plans, communicating and monitoring highly complex tasks through completion on behalf of the PM and Chief Engineer.
· Serve as focal point for all communications and products to and from the PM and Chief Engineer, managing and de-conflicting PM team schedule with various stakeholders.
Required Education & Experience:
· Systems engineering experience balancing requirements, cost, schedule and performance factors to meet product deliveries and the management of project teams developing complex systems
· BS in a technical or management field with 10-15 years experience in a program or technical management office environment
· Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility and willingness to take a Polygraph examination
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.