Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn’s 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking a talented Software Development Engineer with a specialization in test automation to join our Streaming Video Team. They will work to enhance the reliability of our best-in-class video services, which are in active use by global customers.
Commonly called Software Development Engineers in Test, or SDET, these specialists command tremendous authority at Leidos. Our SDETs are charged with the vital role of proving that our software is safe, reliable, and performant. We tackle problems like ensuring delivery consistency over unstable UDP networks or assessing accuracy in the display of corrupted video. If you join us, you’ll meet these responsibilities with the latest in automation and machine learning.
Successful candidates will have a practical understanding of testing and test automation throughout the entire development lifecycle. They should have prior experience working with developers and traditional testers to validate components of a software suite. Finally, they have worked on automated testing for both system-level and integration regressions in a high reliability environment.
• Guide and develop sophisticated automated testing for some of the hardest problems in the industry
• Work directly on the core engineering team for products in active deployment around the world
• Develop, maintain, and extend the test automation infrastructure
• Execute functional, system, regression, and performance testing
• Help drive towards our goal of 100% code coverage
• Provide technical leadership for the test team
• And other assigned tasks
• Computer Science or related degree and eight years of experience. May substitute on year of experience for one year of education.
• One to two years of experience with at least one major unit test framework, such as GTest, JUnit, or Boost.Test
• One to two years of experience with at least one major integration test framework, such as Selenium or Protractor
• Prior experience with standard software engineering tools, particularly Git and Jenkins
• An understanding of both the theory and practice of test driven development
• Familiar with Agile Methodologies, preferably SCRUM or Kanban
One or more of the following strongly preferred:
• One to two years of experience with machine learning as applied to test automation and fuzzing
• One to two years of experience with data delivery over unreliable networks, ideally video streaming
• One to two years of experience with the intricacies of video processing and transcoding
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.