Network Monitor Technician
Leidos currently has a Network Monitor Technician opening that will support the Security Engineering Program (SEP) program in Alexandria, VA. The successful candidate will monitor all CBRNE network activity in a DOD Emergency Operations Center. Candidate will be responsible for resolving technical problems and answering queries by telephone in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, and network devices. Candidate will also be responsible for performing a wide variety of nonstandard complex tasks using advanced techniques and requiring knowledge of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) disciplines.
Other responsibilities include:
• Routing calls to technical specialists.
• Maintain policies and procedures for specific emergency response, continuity planning and disaster recovery operations.
• Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the technology used in supporting the EOC and response procedures.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions regarding operational procedures in an emergency operations center environment and carry out tasks with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform all duties in a tactful and professional manner during high stress emergency situations; clear communication and technical writing skills, proficient in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft applications suite and web-based application environments.
• Demonstrate the ability to manage information between multiple organizations over numerous communications vectors such as phone lines, software interfaces and web-based tools during emergency operations.
• Must be able to combine communication and problem solving skills when dealing with representatives from various organizations and information sources during emergent and non-emergent conditions.
• High School diploma with 3+ years’ experience, with at least 1 year experience from an Emergency Operations Center or Command Post Environment
• Must have an active SECRET Clearance with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET
• Must have ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to work independently, research, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• The ability to work under tight deadlines is required
• Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks appropriately, on time and to a high standard in a high-pressure environment
• Demonstrates strong initiative self-motivation, and commitment to the job Experience in a technical call center or crisis management center
• Ability to quickly learn and assimilate specific customized software tools and products in support of the emergency operations center, including the following categories of tools: Geographical Information System (GIS), Video camera displays, Emergency notification systems, Device-specific displays, Atmospheric plume models and displays, Building architectural displays
• Experience with decision support and network management software NIMS ICS300 & ICS400 certifications (desired)
• Experience in related fields that include Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery (desired)
• Past military experience with a background in Chemical, Biological and Radiological monitoring or civilian emergency response (desired)
• Certification for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) (desired)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.