Leidos has an opening for a Configuration Manager, contingent upon contract award, in the DC Metro area.
The Configuration Manager will be responsible for providing configuration management and implementation in support of activities across multiple systems development, operations and maintenance contract teams. The Configuration Manager (CM) will serve as a member of the project management office focusing on various aspects related to software/hardware configurations including, but not limited to, tracking, logging, categorizing, and maintaining changes made against accepted client baseline(s) standards; and developing, distributing, and tracking all change packages resulting from approved Configuration Control Board (CCB) actions.
The nature of the work requires the individual to perform much of their role autonomously, making decisions regarding which issues to escalate to management, while working in a matrixed environment. The successful candidate will be expected to analyze and breakdown difficult problems and determine appropriate solutions that will be accepted by the client and program stakeholders.
- Represent the program at internal and external reviews
- Lead operational reviews to meet target objectives
- Analyze and predict problems using trending and ticket analysis before they occur and push forward with solutions and risk mitigations to avoid issues
- Provide monitoring and alert recommendations and solutions to more efficiently and accurately meet stakeholder needs
- Facilitate functionally diverse workgroups to develop common elements such as systems needs, features, requirements, common configurations and test specifications
- Facilitate workgroups to promote and champion the use of information system components
- Participate as a collaborative project team member in developing and implementing information system components
- Develop, deliver and gain endorsement for key project deliverables such as needs assessments, decision items, and various briefings
- Articulate results to a diverse audience to gain concurrence and acceptance
- Apply principles of effective communications, change management, and configuration management using ITIL principles and framework
Position will also be responsible for developing CMsolutions that require collaboration with enterprise team members. Will develop solutions to CM and scheduling problems and issues that are unclear and require significant knowledge. Position requires communication with enterprise team members; must be able to work to influence team members regarding solutions, process and/or approaches. The CM will also work closely with enterprise stakeholders to educate and collaborate together to establish effective configurations for the systems being developed.
Travel is expected at 25-40%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Requires a BS degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Must have experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high quality environment.
• Requires strong written and verbal communication skills along with a strong customer service focus and ability to work well as part of a team
• Requires ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively including attention to detail
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Experience with MS SharePoint
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.