Business Development/Capture Manager
The Maritime Integration and Mission Systems Operation (MIMSO) of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Business Development/
Capture Manager to support the Agile Systems (Key Management) Division (ASD).
MIMSO is seeking a Business Development Manager to focus on the Agile Systems and Key Management markets. The BD Manager is responsible for
filling and maintaining the ASD opportunity pipeline, executing the Leidos BD process, maintaining a high Probability of
Win for those opportunities selected for capture and bid, and in general growing business within the ASD Market.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Maryland Procurement Office and have previously served as a program manager, line manager, or senior engineer before
transitioning to the business development field. Direct experience with program management and the Maryland Procurement office is required.
This individual will leverage customer relationships and personal experience to identify and assess potential ASD
business opportunities which can provide measurable revenue growth. He/she will be expected to identify gaps and
emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal
capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will develop the overall strategy,
as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing assigned with the opportunity.
The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact
with all levels of management, coworkers, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical
presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a
solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are
• Proactively identify new business opportunities
• Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities
required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and
• Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements,
acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
• Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide
detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution
• Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda
development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews
• Lead captures
• Collaborates with the Leidos Account Manager and Operation BD Director to support cross enterprise objectives and customer
• Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the quarterly business
development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline
• Interact routinely with all levels of Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and
follow through on taskings
• Briefs capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process
• Conducts after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify
necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 12+ years of related experience.
• An Active Top Secret security clearance with poly is required.
• This role requires that the successful candidate have a proven track record of successful capture management across
multiple organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes with a cumulative total of at least $125M in
successful captures over the last three years
• Extensive organizational and mission knowledge of relevant MPO organizations
• Prior Experience working directly with MPO personnel at all levels of seniority
• Flexibility to travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
• Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ten or more years of experience in Agile/Key Management related positions, preferably in a technical field with the US government
• Technical masters or MBA
• Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams,
assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win
business with new and existing customers
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.