Clinical Program Director
Leidos is seeking a Clinical Program Director, contingent upon contract award, in the DC
metro area. Travel is expected at 50% or higher.
Position Summary: Provides executive level support across all aspects of implementation from design through activation. Provides overall direction and support of health care professional design and adoption of the EMR
• Represents nursing and allied health professionals at the executive level
• Serves as liaisons between the clinicians, project governance, executive sponsors, and the project team during implementation
• Supports the development of decision documents supporting key clinical strategic decisions
• Supports documentation of discussion points for presentation to the Clinical Advisory Committee
• Develops and oversees clinical committees tasked with validating and developing clinical content
• Develops and chairs facility nurse champion committees
• With the physician expert, supports review and discussion at physician committee meetings
• Oversees development of clinical communications to clinicians
Position Requirements and Qualifications
• Registered Nurse
• Advanced clinical degree required as well as a minimum of 10-12 years of clinical experience is required.
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can work effectively with a diversity of personalities Must be approachable, show respect for others and be able to present data with effective communication and presentation skills. Must be an effective consensus builder.
• Possesses good grasp clinical work flow in both inpatient and outpatient settings, interest in clinical information systems and outcomes measurement.
• Knowledgeable of all aspects of clinical services, organizational goals, and strategies
• Strong manager who is adaptable and has strong collaborative management style, a creative thinker with high energy and enthusiasm, and a team player.
• Previous hospital management / informatics experience required
• Previous implementation experience required
• Familiarity with Cerner functionality required
• Experience in Veterans and/or federal environment preferred
Citizen or Green Card required with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.