Sr. System Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Sr. System Engineer, contingent upon contract award, in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) implementation of a new Commercial Health Record System.
Position is expected to be in the DC Metro area with travel of 25-50%.
Candidate must pass a National Agency Check (NAC) covering the past 5 years to obtain a VA Medium/BI Public Trust clearance. Requires U.S. Citizenship.
The chosen candidate will be part of a team tasked with the enterprise rollout of a commercial electronic health record system for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The candidate must be a tactical and strategic leader of supporting technical personnel in the execution of an enterprise wide project. Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in IT; communications; systems architecture; engineering, and integration; along with the ability to apply this expertise across a broad range of IT systems, software, and infrastructure solutions related to the VA Electronic Health Record existing and future environment. The Senior System Engineer may function as a chief engineer, a solutions strategist, or external-facing thought leader as business needs dictate. Focus will be on the systems architecture, design in the areas of interface development, and configuration. Successful candidate possesses a deep understanding underlying architecture of the Vista Environment and the system interfaces associated with the current environment.
• Provide system engineering expertise to the operational infrastructure support team.
• Perform and provide technical support for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation and functional allocation.
• Conduct systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
• Develop documentation needed to support operational requirements.
• Develop system performance, availability, availability, manageability, and security requirements for medium to large scale enterprises
• Development, delivery, testing and support of integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements
• Perform a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to groups of analytic workforce and demonstrate an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced analysts to new analysts
• Conducting trades studies, developing system concepts, and other typical System Engineering tasks.
BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering. 12+ years of overall SE experience. Experience with applications, networks, data storage, and data modeling. The Senior System Engineer will have demonstrated expertise with Federal and Commercial clients in performing on systems integration projects, along with in-depth experience developing and implementing complex system architectures and technologies. The successful candidate will also possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation, facilitation, and team building skills. Candidates with successful experience at VA will be given a higher level of consideration.
- Masters of Science (MS) degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 12+ years’ experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Specialized experience working with Government classified or sensitive systems
- Experience in a Health Services environment is desirable.
- Existing current VA Moderate BI or DoD Secret or higher clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.