Capture Manager - Transportation Solutions
The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Capture Manager to assist in pursuing profitable growth, reporting directly to the Vice President of BD for our Transportation Solutions business within the Leidos Civil Group in the Washington D.C. metro area.
The capture manager assists in leading large, complex, strategic and high dollar value capture efforts to secure new or recompete contracts, or task order business. Has accountability to shape and win new business through a balanced focus on customer engagement, customer value, the competitive environment, and the corporation's best interests. Develops capture strategy including business solution for pursuit of opportunities; identifies potential customers, competitive assessments, teaming suppliers, and position-to-win; participates in bid and proposal activities. Has responsibility to lead and integrate the assigned cross-functional team and authority to direct team activities for the duration of the pursuit. Partners with the Leidos Civil Group and the Civil Group BD organization to ensure strategy and approach are in-line with business goals. The capture manager is responsible for the capture leadership of an assigned portfolio of opportunities in support of the market strategy. The capture manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. This individual will
be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will assist in developing the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for assigned opportunities. He/she will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers. The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 or more years of professional experience.
• Business development familiarity within the Civil industry base
• Demonstrated ability to capture business across a heterogeneous portfolio
• A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
• Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners
• Aptitude for milestone-based capture process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
• Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
• Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
• Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
• Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
• Strong leadership and communications skills
• Technical background or operational experience
• Ability to travel on an as needed basis
• Successful track record of significant and successful capture and business development accomplishment
• Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes, particularly the FAA’s AMS.
• Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
• FAA and overall Civil industry experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.