Chief Systems Engineer
Responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
The chief engineer will manage the architectural runway and features including NFRs, coordinate design with the ISP, CSP, ASP and other enterprise stakeholders. The SE defines a common technical and architectural vision for the solution and defines system, subsystems and interfaces. Defines high level functional and nonfunctional requirements and collaborates with product manager to align with vision and roadmap. Additional details include:
– Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives
• Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with Enabler Epics
• Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context
• Work with Customers, stakeholders, and Suppliers to establish high-level Solution Intent; help establish the solution intent information models and documentation requirements
• Establish critical Nonfunctional Requirements at the solution level; participate in the definition of others
• Operate within the Economic Framework to validate the economic impact of design decisions
• Work with portfolio stakeholders, particularly the Enterprise Architect, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enabler Epics
• Participate in PI Planning and Pre- and Post-PI Planning, System and Solution Demos, and Inspect and Adapt events
• Define, explore, and support the implementation of value stream and program Enablers to evolve solution intent; work directly with Agile Teams to implement, explore, or support them
• Plan and develop the Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business Features/Capabilities
• Work with Product and Solution Management to determine capacity allocation for enablement work
• Support technology/engineering aspects of Program and Solution Kanbans
• Supervise and foster Built-in Quality
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.