Protection & Control Engineer
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
- Apply a diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices as applied to substation engineering, design, and operation in the electric utility industry.
- Prepares equipment specifications, analyzes bids, makes recommendations for purchase
- The successful candidate will demonstrate their capability to perform the job functions with a combination of education, experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Typically requires 4-8 years and a Bachelors Science in Electrical Engineering or a Masters in Electrical Engineering and 2-6 years of relevant experience in the design of utility transmission and distributions substations up to 500 kV
- Professional Engineer’s license preferred
- Electrical and civil engineering principles and practices as applied in the electric utility environment
- Experience withEquipment selection and specificationOne and three-line diagramsControl and protection schemes including the preparation of schematics and wiring diagrams
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.