The Environmental Planning and Restoration Portfolio of Leidos has an opportunity for a talented GIS Analyst. The successful candidate will work directly with customers and team members to research, evaluate, analyze, fuse, and interpret data from multiple sources to produce geospatial work products. The successful candidate will also work in a supporting role with other GIS professionals and application developers to meet project/client requirements. The successful candidate will typically work on tasks related to the environmental and transportation industries but may include other areas of our business as new opportunities arise. Candidate will exercise oral and written communication skills to collaborate and interact with analysts within Leidos and the various customers that we support.
• High School diploma with 4+ years professional experience in GIS application design, development, and implementation
• Fluency in ESRI products and technology
• Georeference and digitize site features from aerial images and hardcopy images and figures
• Convert GIS shapefiles and CAD data to geodatabases
• Must have experience with creating figures
• The candidate must have knowledge of GIS technology and web technology and methods
• Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues
• Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.