Avionics Telecommunications Integrator
It's a great time to join the Leidos Defense & Intelligence Group!
We are searching for an Avionic Telecommunications Integrator at our Huntsville, AL location (an intermediate level). You will work with the Innovations & Integrations Team for integration activities of the Primary Mission Equipment/Mission Equipment Packages (PME/MEP) for Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) systems and subsystems. This position will require an aptitude to perform duties that range from engineering team support, depot level cable harness fabrication/installations, modifications, avionics and network troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance, to system testing and support for military unit training. You may act as a liaison with outside vendors. This function will require travel to support mission and training needs (up to 25%).. Requires deep understanding of, and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain, and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results on project deliverables
- Communicates with internal and client project team members
- Engineer Change Proposal support (ECP) – assists in developing requirements and interrelationships between affected systems and sub-systems and provides hardware, software and electrical solutions. Researches current system architecture and utilizes system knowledge to mitigate hurdles throughout the ECP process. Involvement in prototype system installation, assisting with creations of test plans and test execution and documentation of findings. Will assist in design iterations based on system test performance and findings. Engineering drawing input and review for clarity, accuracy and feasibility
- Will assist in Bill of Material creation and management.
- Working with subcontractors to perform aircraft operational checkouts and test plan validations
- Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution
- Troubleshooting LRUs for repair/replacement
- Installation of Primary Mission Equipment for upgrades or modifications including sensors and servers
- Build cable/wiring harnesses per engineering drawings
- Identifying opportunities for system improvement
- Electrical testing proficiency, including multimeter and Milli-Ohmmeter use
- Maintaining documentation for work performed on and off the aircraft
Required Job Qualifications
• Education: Bachelors Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience in avionics on DoD (Department of Defense) aircraft, Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience. Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Electrical Aviation if candidate does not have a degree
•Must understand electrical theory
•Must have a current/active Secret level of clearance
•Must be able to work with customers and subcontractors in a professional manner
•ISR (Intelligence/Surveillance/Reconnaissance) Platform experience (2 years or more)
•Depot level cable harness fabrication/installation and repair
•Familiar with basic Computer skills
•Familiar with DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency) instruction 8210 – 1C
•Use of specialized testing equipment including spectrum analyzers, watt meters and other test equipment
•A&P (Airframe and Powerplant) License or Airframe License
•Familiarity on ISR sensor systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
* External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.