Software Tester (NCI)
The mission of the Data Science and Information Technology Program (DSITP) is to develop an enterprise-level, consolidated information technology infrastructure that provides exceptional IT capabilities to the Frederick National Labs for Cancer Research (NCI-Frederick/FNLCR) in support of basic, translational, and clinical cancer and AIDS research. The CBIIT Technical Operations Support (CTOS) Group is part of the DSITP within Leidos Biomedical Research. The CTOS team is primarily involved in the operations and execution of the projects sponsored by NCI-CBIIT. Please see https://cbiit.nci.nih.gov/ for details about CBIIT’s mission.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Leidos Biomedical Research that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Leidos Biomedical Research
Leidos Biomedical Research is seeking a talented and innovative quality assurance resource with hands on test automation skills to join the CBIIT Support team.
The Software Test Engineer will:
- Ensure each product release meets well defined high quality standards
- Develop comprehensive test plans, test cases and test reports
- Plan for and develop automated testing frameworks and test scripts
- Analyze and document results, report and track bugs, verify and validate fixes as needed
- Report statuses in meetings
- Engage in the test environment, hw/sw configuration, setup and maintenance
- Monitor successful completion of projects
- Work closely with other project team members and government personnel
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education).
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible job related experience, as designated by the Program requirements. Experience should include process, equipment and/or systems validation.
- Experience with automated testing, developing automated test scripts, executing and analyzing results for web applications including cloud based applications.
- Experience developing an automaton test framework and automated test scripts a descriptive programming language
- Experience developing test plans, requirements traceability matrix and test reports
- Experience reviewing requirements and developing manual and automated test cases to validate the requirements
- Experience testing Application Programming Interfaces.
- Expertise in implementing quality assurance using the Agile methodology.
- Experience testing RESTful web services
- Experience building software tags using Maven and deploying software in Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience in analyzing, identifying, prioritizing, and managing software defects, and effectively working with developers in fixing, verifying, validating and closing defects
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Webdriver, Eclipse
- Automated Web Services testing
- Experience with HP Quality Center
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.